North Pier's partners have been managing the fiduciary oversight process for plan sponsors for well over a decade. Since then, North Pier's partners have led numerous sponsors in the establishment of committees and the policies they utilize for plan oversight. Additionally we have given pro bono advice to hundreds more through our counsel, writing, and lecture.
North Pier guides our clients through the myriad of fiduciary responsibilities, providing them with the education and tools they need to ensure full regulatory compliance, as well as best industry practices. Each of our Partners has earned the Accredited Investment Fiduciary AnalystTM designation from the Joseph M. Katz Graduate School of Business of University of Pittsburgh's Center for Fiduciary Studies. Further, continual interaction with the academic community, the IRS and DOL at industry conferences, aids us in maintaining top decile knowledge on the subject.
Areas of North Pier's coverage include:
- Committee Formation or Process Review
- Investment Policy and Committee Governance
- Plan Document Formation/Amendment
- Current Vendor Analysis and Benchmarking
- Information Sharing Agreement Draft/Revision/Collaboration [for 403(b)s]
- Timeliness of Contribution Compliance
- 406(b) Compliance (Prohibited Transaction rules)